HEC Announces Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Gilgit-Baltistan Students
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced Undergraduate Scholarship Program for students from Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) who wants to pursue undergraduate studies at HEC-recognized public sector universities all over Pakistan.
The program aims to provide scholarships/financial assistance to extraordinary students from Gilgit Baltistan to equip them with the latest education for upcoming challenges.
HEC will provide financial assistance to GB students for undergraduate studies in all top universities/institutions in Pakistan.
- Applicants must have a domicile of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Applicants must have completed SSC, HSSC, or an equivalent qualification. Priority will be given to students who have completed their SSC, HSSC, or equivalent from GB.
- Applicants who are already receiving another scholarship are ineligible for this one.
- The maximum age limit to apply for this program is 22 years on the deadline date.
Scholarship will cover
- Tuition fee, hostel fee, and other charges up to Rs. 240, 000 per year
- Books and traveling allowance of Rs. 30, 000 per year
- A stipend of Rs.15, 000 per Month
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to submit the application at HEC’s online portal
- Applicants are advised to keep their login details safe for future use.
- Applicants must deposit a non-refundable Rs.500 application fee in any HBL branch in Account No. 17427900133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Bank Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 1742, SRC H-9 Islamabad Branch, and upload a scanned copy of the bank receipt to the HEC’s online portal.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their scores in the aptitude test, which will be conducted by the HEC’s Education Testing Council (ETC), and academic credentials.
- Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- On the day of the aptitude test, applicants must bring the original applicant copy of the paid fee challan, as well as the original CNIC/passport. Otherwise, they will be unable to take the exam.
- Students who were enrolled in any BS program at a public sector university prior to the advertisement (for a maximum of one academic year/session) are also eligible to apply.
- The scholarships will be awarded solely on the basis of merit, regardless of gender, caste, race, or religion.
- Applicants are free to apply to any public university in the country. They will, however, be required to bear all expenses in excess of the scholarship coverage mentioned in the benefits.
- Test results will be valid for one year after they are announced.
- HEC reserves the right, at any time during the process, to cancel or postpone the scholarship.
The application deadline is October 24, 2022. Avail